Now Offering 1/2 Season Sign-up – Includes practice 1 time per week & 2 tournaments.
We will be offering a K2 Elite Beach Program this summer. This program is for players with beach & indoor club experience and will involve traveling to out of town beach tournaments.
Beach volleyball is the single best way to develop overall volleyball skills and all-around players.
- Builds quick thinking and problem-solving ability
- Overall fitness is improved through vigorous nature of competition
- Toughness and grit improve, as well, because of the difficulty of the sport and having to deal with the adverse conditions (sand, sun, wind)
- Develops more versatile, all around players because with only two players covering the entire court, all skills must be utilized
- The number of touches/reps, in the average beach practice, is much more than in a typical indoor practice
- Increases college opportunities, as beach volleyball is the fastest growing sport in NCAA history
The program will be run by Cory Felts current K2 15-1 Elite coach and former professional sand competitor. Cory has played and/or coached indoor and sand volleyball for 30 years. Beach training will focus on your personal development, confidence, strength and agility; all of which you can take back indoors to improve your all-around game.
Program cost will be $650, this will include the following:
- Practice twice a week for 2 ½ hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-11:00am except for June 6th.
- June- 4, 6 (12pm- 2:30pm), 11, 13, 18 (break for Nationals)
- July- 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30
- Up to 4 tournaments, Coach Cory will attend with you and coach your team over the weekend
- June 16th– Murfreesboro, TN
- July 13th– Murfreesboro TN
- July 20th– Cartersville, GA
- July 27th– Kernersville, NC
- Tournaments are not mandatory. Tournament fees are not included in your Beach fees
- Integrated plyometric jump training program
- Uniform- to include one long sleeve and one short sleeve shirt.
No partner is required for training. If you do not have a partner, coach will try to match complementary players, but partner choice cannot be guaranteed.
If you have any questions, please contact Cory directly at 865-300-2705 or firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s easier to take your outdoor skills in to the gym than to bring your indoor skills outside. Simple reason. Beach volleyball forces you to have all the skills. That’s why I think it’s a good idea for indoor players to play on the beach. Learning those skills can only help improve a player’s indoor performance. All my years playing on the beach as a kid certainly helped my indoor game. If nothing else, a player’s quickness and jump will be increased by playing on soft sand. -3-time Olympic Gold Medalist & current USA Olympic Team Head Coach -Karch Kiraly