Now Offering 1/2 Season Sign-up – Includes practice 1 time per week & 2 tournaments.
We will be offering a K2 Elite Beach Program this summer. This program is for players with beach & indoor club experience and will involve traveling to out of town beach tournaments.
Beach volleyball is the single best way to develop overall volleyball skills and all-around players.
- Builds quick thinking and problem-solving ability
- Overall fitness is improved through vigorous nature of competition
- Toughness and grit improve, as well, because of the difficulty of the sport and having to deal with the adverse conditions (sand, sun, wind)
- Develops more versatile, all around players because with only two players covering the entire court, all skills must be utilized
- The number of touches/reps, in the average beach practice, is much more than in a typical indoor practice
- Increases college opportunities, as beach volleyball is the fastest growing sport in NCAA history
The program will be run by Cory Felts current K2 15-1 Elite coach and former professional sand competitor. Cory has played and/or coached indoor and sand volleyball for 30 years. Beach training will focus on your personal development, confidence, strength and agility; all of which you can take back indoors to improve your all-around game.
Program cost will be $650, this will include the following:
- Practice twice a week for 2 ½ hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-11:00am except for June 6th.
- June- 4, 6 (12pm- 2:30pm), 11, 13, 18 (break for Nationals)
- July- 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30
- Up to 4 tournaments, Coach Cory will attend with you and coach your team over the weekend
- June 16th– Murfreesboro, TN
- July 13th– Murfreesboro TN
- July 20th– Cartersville, GA
- July 27th– Kernersville, NC
- Tournaments are not mandatory. Tournament fees are not included in your Beach fees
- Integrated plyometric jump training program
- Uniform- to include one long sleeve and one short sleeve shirt.
No partner is required for training. If you do not have a partner, coach will try to match complementary players, but partner choice cannot be guaranteed.
If you have any questions, please contact Cory directly at 865-300-2705 or [email protected]
It’s easier to take your outdoor skills in to the gym than to bring your indoor skills outside. Simple reason. Beach volleyball forces you to have all the skills. That’s why I think it’s a good idea for indoor players to play on the beach. Learning those skills can only help improve a player’s indoor performance. All my years playing on the beach as a kid certainly helped my indoor game. If nothing else, a player’s quickness and jump will be increased by playing on soft sand. -3-time Olympic Gold Medalist & current USA Olympic Team Head Coach -Karch Kiraly